It’s an even smaller patch than its predecessor, but Patch 4.0.6 is here. The official patch notes are on the Lodestone, or you can keep reading here for a brief summary of what we’re getting in this patch.
As expected from last week’s announcement, Patch 4.0.6 is adjusting jobs based on feedback and data from the previous patch. Unlike Patch 4.0.5, all the jobs being changed this time are DPS.
Furthermore, most of the changes are quite minor. For the specifics of the job adjustments, you can take a look at the Lodestone’s official list of changes, which has the original potency, cooldown, or duration for changed abilities.
- Dragoons’ Heavy Thrust, Wheeling Thrust, and Fang and Claw have had their potencies increased to 140, 250, and 250 respectively. Chaos Thrust has had 10 potency shifted from being a positional bonus to a combo bonus (which will help dragoon players that can’t hit the positional during an encounter).
- Ninjas’ Aeolian Edge, like Chaos Thrust for dragoons, had 20 potency changed from being a positional to a combo bonus.
- Bards’ Straight Shot buff lasts for 30 seconds, and Barrage’s cooldown is now 80 seconds. Their Mage’s Ballad, Army’s Paeon, and the Wanderer’s Minuet songs are also now guaranteed to apply their effect even if the song’s usage deals no damage to a target.
- Machinists now have Hot Shot last for 60 seconds. Gauss Barrel increases damage by 20% while overheated, and its cooldown is now 2 seconds. Dismantle’s cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds, and Flamethrower now increases the Heat Gauge by 20.
- Summoners’ Bio III and Miasma III have had their potencies both increased to 50.
If you’re unhappy with these job changes, remember to go to the Official Forums and (politely) let the developers know. Player feedback is a factor in what kinds of changes a job receives.
Ixion FATE Changes
“A Horse Outside,” the extremely rare FATE spawn in the Lochs that pits players against Ixion, has had its rewards increased to make it easier to obtain the mount. Gold participation in the FATE
gives players 6 Ixion Horns, and Silver grants 3 — three times the original reward. As the Ixion Clarion (the item used to summon the mount) costs 12 Ixion Horns, this means someone starting from scratch will only need to defeat the FATE twice if they get Gold. This change only applies to completion of the FATE after the patch.
You will not receive additional horns retroactively.
Remember that with multiple instances of Stormblood zones still live, this effectively triples the chance for a server to see a spawn of Ixion. If you don’t have the Ixion mount, now is the perfect time to start farming.
The Feast: Season 5
With the conclusion of Season 4 in the Feast PVP mode, Season 5 is now beginning. Contend for the top spots on the leaderboards, and you can acquire unique rewards based on your position at the end of the season. Best of luck to those competing!
Along with the rest of 4.0.6, we’re getting the usual slew of fixed glitches. Notably, an issue with glamouring Arcanist weapons onto Scholar ones has been fixed.
Carbonized Matter grades 2 through 5 have had their vendor prices reduced to a fraction of their original values. This goes with most Carbonized Matter becoming obsolete since Stormblood’s launch.
Automatic logouts of inactive characters have been disabled, as the servers are no longer flooded from the arrival of Stormblood. Should the servers get congested again, automatic logouts will come back. Until then, enjoy going AFK in Kugane and setting your character to eternally dance in your absence.
Though it’s not specifically listed as being part of Patch 4.0.6, the Moonfire Faire 2017 event begins on the same day as this patch. If you want to complete the event, head over to Limsa Lominsa’s Upper Decks near the Aftcastle and make sure to get it done before it ends on August 26th!
The original image used for this article’s header was posted by Daviuuun on Reddit.