Patch 4.0.5 for Final Fantasy XIV has gone live. Don’t be fooled by its small size; Patch 4.0.5 is bringing a lot of anticipated changes to the game. You can read the official patch notes on the Lodestone, or keep reading here for an overview.
Allagan Tomestones of Creation
Allagan Tomestones of Creation are the “weekly capped” currency for this content tier. You can get 450 Allagan Tomestones of Creation per week by doing content at level 70 such as Expert Roulette, PVP instances like the Feast, Stormblood treasure maps, or the Deltascape raid on either difficulty.
Tomestones of Creation can be used to purchase item level 330 gear from Enna in Rhalgr’s Reach, the same vendor that has offered Tomestones of Verity gear since Stormblood’s launch. This gear is not limited to specific jobs and can be upgraded to item level 340 through Deltascape’s newly released Savage mode. Item upgrades are handled by E’bolaff in Rhalgr’s Reach, who stands next to the other vendors for Omega gear.
Deltascape’s Savage mode is unlocked from the Magitek Terminal in Rhalgr’s Reach near the gear vendors and where the original quest to unlock Deltascape could be picked up. The quest to unlock Savage is short, sweet, and to the point. Note that you won’t see this quest until you’ve beaten Deltascape’s Normal mode and turned in its completion quest “The Anomaly”.
Deltascape (Savage) drops item level 340 gear and items to upgrade Allagan Tomestone of Creation gear. Clearing a Savage boss each week also gets you a Deltascape Datalog for that floor, which can be used to purchase Deltascape (Savage) gear. Gelfradus, the same vendor in Rhalgr’s Reach who did exchanges for Normal-mode gear, has the Savage gear if you want to stare at it longingly.
The Lost Canals of Uznair
The Lost Canals of Uznair are the successor to Heavensward’s Aquapolis. By doing treasure hunts with gazelleskin maps, you can sometimes find a portal that leads to the Lost Canals of Uznair. Gazelleskin maps can be acquired from gathering nodes in Stormblood zones as a miner, botanist, or fisher.
If the Lost Canals of Uznair are anything like Aquapolis, the rewards will be plentiful for relatively easy content. Aquapolis gave participating players gil, materia, crafting materials, cosmetic gear, and minions. Better rewards come from getting farther in the dungeon. Remember that your party has to be on the same server to do treasure hunts together, so you can’t do cross-server Lost Canals of Uznair parties.
Duty Finder Adjustments
The “Adventurer in Need” bonus that awards a cracked cluster (used to acquire Grade 6 materia) will display in the Duty Finder window properly. Expect the Heavens’ Eye Materia VI market to crash before the week is out.
Duty Finder will also ignore language settings in Leveling Roulette to speed up queue times. It doesn’t seem like this change was targeted at any other roulette, including Expert.
Listed here will be major changes. For the full notes, including the original effects of changed abilities, look at the Battle System section of the patch notes.
- Fending accessories have Strength on them now if they’re item level 290 or above. So long, Alexandrian accessories!
- If you melded Strength to a fending accessory before the patch, don’t worry. The amount of Strength added to accessories isn’t enough to make your materia melds worthless.
- Paladins and Warriors no longer lose Oath Gauge or Beast Gauge respectively when switching stances.
- Paladins’ Holy Spirit has been nerfed to 400 potency. (The Live Letter translation indicating that Holy Spirit’s cast time might change was apparently wrong or outdated information.)
- Warriors’ Unchained and Inner Release no longer cost Beast Gauge. Steel Cyclone absorbs a portion of damage dealt as HP, and Storm’s Path has had its combo potency increased to 270.
- Dark Knights’ Souleater has had its potency increased to 300 (440 with Dark Arts). Quietus restores MP when used.
- Esuna now costs less MP for all healers.
- White Mages’ Plenary Indulgence has been changed to grant Confession stacks through Medica, Medica II, or Cure III at a 100% rate whenever HP is restored, but the healing potency of the Confession stacks has been reduced. Cure is now guaranteed to grant the white mage a Lily.
- Scholars have reduced cooldowns on Aetherflow (now 45 seconds), Emergency Tactics (now 20 seconds), and Excogitation (now 45 seconds). Fey Union has an increased range (now 15 yalms). Indomitability and Excogitation have higher healing potencies (500 and 800 respectively).
- Scholars have Miasma II again, an area of effect damage-over-time spell.
- Astrologians now have a different effect on The Spear, which now increases the critical hit rate of the target by 10% (5% for area of effect use). The Balance now increases damage dealt by 10%. The Hyper Lightspeed trait reduces the cooldown of Lightspeed by using Essential Dignity instead of its previous effect.
- Astrologians have new abilities called Empty Road and Undraw Spread to manage their cards.
- Black Mages have had MP cost reductions across the board for Fire, Blizzard IV, and Foul (which no longer costs any MP at all). Fire IV and Blizzard IV have cast times of 2.8 seconds. Triplecast has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
- Summoners no longer need to affect a target when using Aetherflow actions to gain Aethertrail Attunement for Dreadwyrm Trance.
- The changes to Scholars’ Aetherflow and Miasma II did not affect Summoners.
- Machinists’ Quick Reload does not increase the Heat Gauge anymore, and their Heated shots (Split Shot, Slug Shot, and Clean Shot) increase the Heat Gauge by 5. Barrel Stabilizer has a cooldown of 60 seconds. Both Rook and Bishop Overload doubled their potencies to 800 and 600 respectively. Hot Shot now increases the Machinist’s damage dealt by 8%.
- Ninja’s Gust Slash has a combo potency of 200 now instead of its original 220. Yep, that’s it.
- Dragoons’ Blood of the Dragon lasts 20 seconds, and Sonic Thrust increases Blood of the Dragon’s duration by 10 seconds (up to 30 seconds total). The Lance Mastery trait’s potency increase is now 100, more than triple its original amount. Mirage Dive’s animation lock is shortened.
All jobs have had some adjustments in PVP, ranging from HP increases to potency, cooldown, and crowd control changes. Notably, astrologians’ card effects now last 30 seconds instead of 15 in PVP. Check out the PVP section of the official patch notes for a full list of the changes.
Crafters can now make item level 320 gear. This is the same item level as gear from Deltascape (Normal), but with more materia. These new recipes and others (such as new food and housing items) have been added to the Scrips vendor in Rhalgr’s Reach through new Master Books.